ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: store Ivy credentials with IvyDE
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2010 20:45:32 GMT

Le 7 sept. 2010 à 06:33, Anthony D a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I was pleasantly surprised using IvyDE with an HTTP Ivy repository (URL
> resolver) that required authentication. Whenever I started a workspace that
> resolved to such a repository it prompted me for my username and password
> and successfully logged in. (i.e. I didn't have to hard-code it in an
> ivysettings.xml or ant script file for the world to see)

I think Eclipse is providing the popup.

> Now that I am using multiple workspaces and end up closing them once in a
> while to regain precious memory, I'm finding having to type in my
> credentials every time I reload a workspace a little annoying. ;)
>
> Is it possible as part of the global (and even project-specific) Ivy
> settings to store default credentials (host, realm, user, and password)?
> That would go a long way in making IvyDE an even more pleasurable
> experience. It could go as far as having a "remember credentials" checkbox
> when the login prompt appears, that way it gets added to this list
> automatically.

Which Eclipse are you using ?
Since Eclipse 3.6 (I did not remember seeing it in previous versions), it is capable to store
the password in your OS password store. On Mac it uses the KeyChain. There is something for
windows too. For Linux it could have use KWallet or the Gnome keyring but I haven't seen any
implementation. With that kind of password store, you would only have to make you OS trust
Eclipse.
Eclipse does have another kind of password store, but it requires a "master" password each
time the it starts. But it won't help you as you restart your Eclipse often. Maybe that the
one you are using ?

Nicolas