ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Carl Myers <cmy...@palantir.com>
Subject Re: Please vote: changing the default conflict manager
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2010 22:44:02 GMT
What I think it *should* do is:

Resolve all dependencies, choosing the latest versions which cause no
conflicts for the entire set of transitive dependencies.  I.e. the same
thing a strict resolve does, but if a conflict would have happened,
instead try the next newest version, and so on, until a compatible set
of versions are found.

One can imagine there are a lot of edge cases and implementation details
in this, the description is just from a user perspective, what the user
sees.  If it doesn't work like this, I would be very interested in how
it does work, because this is my understanding of what it does, having
never actually read the code (yet).

-Carl

--
Carl Myers
Palantir Technologies | Internal Tools Software Engineer