ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Lutz Behnke <>
Subject how to suppress artifacts with extra classifiers
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2010 14:26:58 GMT
Hi there,

I need some help to _not_ get stuff from a maven2 Repository. Any hints
would be greatly appreciated.

I have read any (I hope) entry on classifiers in the mailing list
archive but nothing seems to apply to my problem.

My ivy config you will find below.

I am using an Artifactory server as a proxy-repo to a number of Maven2
compatible repos, searching the POMs for dependency information. These
POMs contain dependencies for artefacts with classifiers (namely javadoc
and sources).

asm-3.0.jar -> asm-3.0-javadoc.jar

These artefacts are not contained in the remote repositories and I don't
need them neither.

So here is my qustion: How do I tell ivy to ignore those dependencies.

Everything else was resolved like a beauty, retreived and installed. It
would be sufficient for me to have ivy give a warning and simply ignore
the fact that it could not find the

Because this is a somewhat large project (50+ artifacts including
transient and only beginning), I would rather not add dummy artifacts to
my enterprise repo in order to shut ivy up in a brute force way.

   <properties file="${ivy.settings.dir}/" />
   <property name="org.repo.url"

   <settings defaultResolver="ivy-and-maven" />
   <caches defaultCacheDir="${ivy.cache.dir}" />
     <chain name="ivy-and-maven" returnFirst="true">

       <ibiblio name="timadorus-repo-maven"
                m2compatible="true" />

       <url name="timadorus-repo" m2compatible="true">
pattern="${org.repo.url}/repo/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/ivy.xml" />

Thanks for any pointers

mfg lutz

Lutz Behnke
Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften Hamburg,
Labor für Allgemeine Informatik,

phone: +49 40 42875-8156
fax  : +49 40 2803770
Berliner Tor 7, 20099 Hamburg, Germany