ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Anthony D <anthony.dilor...@gmail.com>
Subject store Ivy credentials with IvyDE
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2010 04:33:37 GMT

Hi,

I was pleasantly surprised using IvyDE with an HTTP Ivy repository (URL
resolver) that required authentication. Whenever I started a workspace that
resolved to such a repository it prompted me for my username and password
and successfully logged in. (i.e. I didn't have to hard-code it in an
ivysettings.xml or ant script file for the world to see)

Now that I am using multiple workspaces and end up closing them once in a
while to regain precious memory, I'm finding having to type in my
credentials every time I reload a workspace a little annoying. ;)

Is it possible as part of the global (and even project-specific) Ivy
settings to store default credentials (host, realm, user, and password)?
That would go a long way in making IvyDE an even more pleasurable
experience. It could go as far as having a "remember credentials" checkbox
when the login prompt appears, that way it gets added to this list
automatically.

Cheers