ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Geoff Clitheroe <g.clithe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: making an SCM managed copy of your external artifacts
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 00:56:21 GMT
Hi,

I've used 'both approaches'

1. Use Ivy to build and maintain the repo - I use a master Ivy file with all
the deps we use specified and then a resolve and rsync to the enterprise
repo (which is Apache httpd).  This also holds our shared ivy settings.
This way I have more control over what goes into the enterprise repo.

2. We recently used Archiva on a different repo.  It was in many ways harder
to get running (how we wanted) but does have the advantage of acting more
like a persistent proxy for central etc.  This also means developers are in
control of what gets into this enterprise repo.

Either way work fine I think the only real difference for us is who controls
what gets into the repo.  If you're pushing a lot of jars then the search
features of some of the archive managers may be nice.

Cheers,
Geoff