ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Madson <matthew.madson.pub...@gmail.com>
Subject IvyDE Global Properties file not updating local cache directory
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2010 20:48:31 GMT
Hello IvyDE Developers:

First, thank you for the great tool! One slight issue I'm having is changing
the location of the .ivy2 cache directory via the global ivy preferences.

Software Used:

Eclipse IDE v3.6 Helios
IvyDE 2.1.0.201008101807-RELEASE

Steps to reproduce:

Create directory C:\dev\.ivy2
Create file C:\dev\ivy\conf\ivysettings-local.properties
Modify file ivysettings-local.properties to reflect the following:

ivy.default.ivy.user.dir=C:/dev/.ivy2

>From Eclipse:

Window -> Preferences -> Ivy -> Settings -> Property files: Select File
System... and navigate to C:\dev\ivy\con\ivysettings-local.properties

Create an Ivy project and resolve dependencies, the dependencies will
resolve not to C:\dev\.ivy2, but to the default %USER_HOME%\.ivy2 directory.

The only workaround I've found is to modify the Ivy project's managed
library settings and specify "enable project specific settings".

By specifying the above file, "ivysettings-local.properties" via the project
specific settings Property files: dialog, expected behavior seems to
be exhibited.

This seems like a bug, can anyone confirm?

Thanks,
--
Matthew Madson