ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Transatively resolve dependencies
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2010 19:43:42 GMT
You could set the resolve mode to "dynamic"
Cfr. http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/use/resolve.html

Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: Jamie Johnson <jej2003@gmail.com>
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Thu, August 26, 2010 5:40:43 PM
Subject: Transatively resolve dependencies

I have a situation where I have 3 projects A, B and C.  B depends on A and C
depends on B.  In B's ivy.xml I specify that it is dependent on project A
rev 1.0.+ if I update A to 1.0.2 and resolve B's dependencies I see that it
correctly depends on A rev 1.0.2.  If I resolve C it does not correctly show
that it is dependent on 1.0.2 and instead keeps the old version of A (namely
1.0.1).  I assume that this is because in the ivy.xml that is published says
the following

<dependency org="com.mycompany" name="A" rev="1.0.1" revConstraint="1.0.+"/>

Is there a way to make project C pull the latest version of project A
without making C dependent on A?