ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From James Davis <james.da...@atsid.com>
Subject RE: updated SNAPSHOT.jar
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2010 16:29:48 GMT
If you did not change the version when you re-published a-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar, this is the expected
behavior.  One possible way around this is to add a changing="true" to the dependency on project
a of the ivy.xml file for project b.  This will tell ivy to do timestamp checks as well.

James Davis * QA Engineer II/Software Engineer
Applied Technical Systems, Inc. * Information Engineering
web: www.atsid.com * e-mail: james.davis@atsid.com
(p) 360.698.7100 x241 * (f) 360.698.7200

-----Original Message-----
From: acec acec [mailto:tomcatacec@yahoo.ca]
Sent: Friday, August 06, 2010 9:13 AM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: updated SNAPSHOT.jar

Hi, all
I have two projects: a and b

a project will publish a-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar into shared repository.

b project depends on a-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.

If I did some changes on a, I published a again, I checked share repository, which includes
the right jar file.

But in b project, when b retrieves dependent jar files, for some reason, it still keep the
old a-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.

it seems the ~/.ivy2/cache also keeps the old jar file. How do I get the updated jar file?

Thanks.