ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ben Cuthbert <ben_cuthb...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Reference build-path not found.
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2010 19:59:25 GMT
Thanks Maarten

I changed what you suggested. Looks a bit closer. The IO exception in debug I can't see the
directory it is looking for the jar in


<target name="publish-remote" depends="version" description="--> publish this project
in the ivy repository">
		<ivy:publish artifactspattern="${build.dir}/[artifact].[ext]" 
    			           resolver="artifactory-publish"
    			           pubrevision="${version}" 
    			           status="integration"
						   overwrite="true"
    	/>
		<echo message="project ${ant.project.name} released with version ${version}" />
	</target>
testproject
/Users/cuthbe/dev/code/testproject-trunk/build/build_common.xml:162: impossible to publish
artifacts for com.testproject#testproject-baseserver-common;working@cuthbes-macbook.local:
java.io.IOException: missing artifact com.testproject#testproject-baseserver-common;1.0!testproject-baseserver-common.jar
	at org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.addLocationToBuildException(ProjectHelper.java:508)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Ant.execute(Ant.java:418)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Sequential.execute(Sequential.java:62)
	at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.IfTask.execute(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.TaskAdapter.execute(TaskAdapter.java:154)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1337)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1306)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExecutor.java:41)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1189)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:758)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:217)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:257)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:104)


On 26 Aug 2010, at 20:50, Maarten Coene wrote:

> I think it is caused by your empty <artifacts /> element.
> Please remove that from your ivy:publish task, something like should work:
> 
>        <ivy:publish artifactspattern="${build.dir}/[artifact].[ext]" 
>                           resolver="remoterepo-publish"
>                           pubrevision="${version}" 
>                           status="integration"
>                           overwrite="true" />
> 
> Maarten
> 
> 
> 
> ----- Original Message ----
> From: Ben Cuthbert <ben_cuthbert@yahoo.co.uk>
> To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
> Sent: Wed, August 25, 2010 9:35:40 AM
> Subject: Re: Reference build-path not found.
> 
> I think I am getting closer. So I have the ant build downloading ivy from the 
> maven repo each time and putting it in the classpath. 
> 
> So now I see this in the ant log
> 
> Setting project property: ivy.shared.default.root -> ${repository.dir}/shared
> parsing buildfile 
> jar:file:/Users/cuthbe/applications/apache-ant-1.7.1/lib/ivy-2.2.0-rc1.jar!/org/apache/ivy/ant/antlib.xml
> with URI = 
> jar:file:/Users/cuthbe/applications/apache-ant-1.7.1/lib/ivy-2.2.0-rc1.jar!/org/apache/ivy/ant/antlib.xml
> 
> 
> 
> And then way down the bottom I see
> 
> publish-remote:
> Overriding previous definition of property "ivy.version"
> Setting project property: ivy.version -> 2.2.0-rc1
> [ivy:publish] parameter found as ivy variable: ivy.organisation=com.testproject
> [ivy:publish] parameter found as ivy variable: 
> ivy.module=testproject-baseserver-common
> [ivy:publish] parameter found as ivy variable: 
> ivy.revision=working@cuthbes-macbook.local
> [ivy:publish] parameter not found: ivy.deliver.branch
> [ivy:publish] parameter found as attribute value: ivy.deliver.revision=1.0
> [ivy:publish] parameter found as attribute value: ivy.status=integration
> [ivy:publish] :: publishing :: com.testproject#testproject-baseserver-common
> [ivy:publish]     validate = true
> [ivy:publish] post 1.3 ivy file: using exact as default matcher
>  [antcall] Exiting 
> /Users/cuthbe/dev/code/testproject-trunk/testproject-baseserver-common/build.xml.
> 
>      [ant] Exiting 
> /Users/cuthbe/dev/code/testproject-trunk/testproject-baseserver-common/build.xml.
> 
> 
> BUILD FAILED
> /Users/cuthbe/dev/code/testproject-trunk/build/build.xml:183: The following 
> error occurred while executing this line:
> /Users/cuthbe/dev/code/testproject-trunk/testproject-baseserver-common/build.xml:14:
> The following error occurred while executing this line:
> /Users/cuthbe/dev/code/testproject-trunk/build/build_common.xml:162: impossible 
> to publish artifacts for 
> com.testproject#testproject-baseserver-common;working@cuthbes-macbook.local: 
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>    at 
> org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.addLocationToBuildException(ProjectHelper.java:508)
> 
>    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Ant.execute(Ant.java:418)
>    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
>    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3.invoke(Unknown Source)
>    at 
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> 
>    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>    at 
> org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106)
>    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
>    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Sequential.execute(Sequential.java:62)
>    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.IfTask.execute(Unknown Source)
>    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>    at 
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>    at 
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> 
>    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>    at 
> org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106)
>    at org.apache.tools.ant.TaskAdapter.execute(TaskAdapter.java:154)
>    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
>    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3.invoke(Unknown Source)
>    at 
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> 
>    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>    at 
> org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106)
>    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
>    at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
>    at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
>    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1337)
>    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1306)
>    at 
> org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExecutor.java:41)
> 
>    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1189)
>    at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:758)
>    at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:217)
>    at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:257)
>    at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:104)
> 
> 
> Before the above error I do see loads of HTTP requests to the repo
> 
> Setting project property: ivy.version -> 2.2.0-rc1
> [ivy:buildnumber]     using local to list all in 
> /Users/cuthbe/.ivy2/cache/com.testproject/testproject-baseserver-common/ivys
> [ivy:buildnumber]         found 3 urls
> [ivy:buildnumber]         1 matched 
> /Users/cuthbe/.ivy2/cache/com.testproject/testproject-baseserver-common/ivys/ivy-[revision].xml
> 
> [ivy:buildnumber] local do not support transaction. ivy pattern does not use 
> revision as a directory
> [ivy:buildnumber]     using local to list all in 
> /Users/cuthbe/.ivy2/cache/com.testproject/testproject-baseserver-common/jars
> [ivy:buildnumber]         found 3 urls
> [ivy:buildnumber]         0 matched 
> /Users/cuthbe/.ivy2/cache/com.testproject/testproject-baseserver-common/jars/[artifact]-[revision].jar
> 
> [ivy:buildnumber] HTTP response status: 404 
> url=http://192.168.2.4:9999/artifactory/libs-releases-local/com/testproject/testproject-baseserver-common/maven-metadata.xml
> 
> [ivy:buildnumber] CLIENT ERROR: File not found. 
> url=http://192.168.2.4:9999/artifactory/libs-releases-local/com/testproject/testproject-baseserver-common/maven-metadata.xml
> 
> [ivy:buildnumber]     maven-metadata not available: 
> http://192.168.2.4:9999/artifactory/libs-releases-local/com/testproject/testproject-baseserver-common/maven-metadata.xml
> 
> [ivy:buildnumber]     using libs-releases-local to list all in 
> http://192.168.2.4:9999/artifactory/libs-releases-local/com/testproject/testproject-baseserver-common/
> 
> [ivy:buildnumber] HTTP response status: 404 
> url=http://192.168.2.4:9999/artifactory/libs-releases-local/com/testproject/testproject-baseserver-common/
> 
> [ivy:buildnumber] CLIENT ERROR: Not Found 
> url=http://192.168.2.4:9999/artifactory/libs-releases-local/com/testproject/testproject-baseserver-common/
> 
> [ivy:buildnumber] problem while listing resources in 
> http://192.168.2.4:9999/artifactory/libs-releases-local/com/testproject/testproject-baseserver-common/
> with libs-releases-local:
> [ivy:buildnumber]  java.io.IOException The HTTP response code for 
> http://192.168.2.4:9999/artifactory/libs-releases-local/com/testproject/testproject-baseserver-common/
> did not indicate a success. See log for more detail.
> [ivy:buildnumber] HTTP response status: 404 
> url=http://192.168.2.4:9999/artifactory/testproject-release/com/testproject/testproject-baseserver-common/maven-metadata.xml
> 
> [ivy:buildnumber] CLIENT ERROR: File not found. 
> url=http://192.168.2.4:9999/artifactory/testproject-release/com/testproject/testproject-baseserver-common/maven-metadata.xml
> 
> [ivy:buildnumber]     maven-metadata not available: 
> http://192.168.2.4:9999/artifactory/testproject-release/com/testproject/testproject-baseserver-common/maven-metadata.xml
> 
> [ivy:buildnumber]     using testprojectrepo-publish to list all in 
> http://192.168.2.4:9999/artifactory/testproject-release/com/testproject/testproject-baseserver-common/
> 
> [ivy:buildnumber] HTTP response status: 404 
> url=http://192.168.2.4:9999/artifactory/testproject-release/com/testproject/testproject-baseserver-common/
> 
> [ivy:buildnumber] CLIENT ERROR: Not Found 
> url=http://192.168.2.4:9999/artifactory/testproject-release/com/testproject/testproject-baseserver-common/
> 
> [ivy:buildnumber] problem while listing resources in 
> http://192.168.2.4:9999/artifactory/testproject-release/com/testproject/testproject-baseserver-common/
> with testprojectrepo-publish:
> [ivy:buildnumber]   java.io.IOException The HTTP response code for 
> http://192.168.2.4:9999/artifactory/testproject-release/com/testproject/testproject-baseserver-common/
> did not indicate a success. See log for more detail.
> [ivy:buildnumber]     maven-metadata not available: 
> http://192.168.2.4:9999/artifactory/testproject-release/com/testproject/testproject-baseserver-common/maven-metadata.xml
> 
> [ivy:buildnumber]     using testprojectrepo-publish to list all in 
> http://192.168.2.4:9999/artifactory/testproject-release/com/testproject/testproject-baseserver-common/
> 
> [ivy:buildnumber] HTTP response status: 404 
> url=http://192.168.2.4:9999/artifactory/testproject-release/com/testproject/testproject-baseserver-common/
> 
> [ivy:buildnumber] CLIENT ERROR: Not Found 
> url=http://192.168.2.4:9999/artifactory/testproject-release/com/testproject/testproject-baseserver-common/
> 
> [ivy:buildnumber] problem while listing resources in 
> http://192.168.2.4:9999/artifactory/testproject-release/com/testproject/testproject-baseserver-common/
> with testprojectrepo-publish:
> [ivy:buildnumber]   java.io.IOException The HTTP response code for 
> http://192.168.2.4:9999/artifactory/testproject-release/com/testproject/testproject-baseserver-common/
> did not indicate a success. See log for more detail.
> [ivy:buildnumber]     using local to list all in 
> /Users/cuthbe/.ivy2/cache/com.testproject/testproject-baseserver-common/ivys
> [ivy:buildnumber]         found 3 urls
> [ivy:buildnumber]         1 matched 
> /Users/cuthbe/.ivy2/cache/com.testproject/testproject-baseserver-common/ivys/ivy-[revision].xml
> 
> [ivy:buildnumber]     using local to list all in 
> /Users/cuthbe/.ivy2/cache/com.testproject/testproject-baseserver-common/jars
> [ivy:buildnumber]         found 3 urls
> [ivy:buildnumber]         0 matched 
> /Users/cuthbe/.ivy2/cache/com.testproject/testproject-baseserver-common/jars/[artifact]-[revision].jar
> 
> [ivy:buildnumber]     maven-metadata not available: 
> http://192.168.2.4:9999/artifactory/libs-releases-local/com/testproject/testproject-baseserver-common/maven-metadata.xml
> 
> [ivy:buildnumber]     using libs-releases-local to list all in 
> http://192.168.2.4:9999/artifactory/libs-releases-local/com/testproject/testproject-baseserver-common/
> 
> [ivy:buildnumber] HTTP response status: 404 
> url=http://192.168.2.4:9999/artifactory/libs-releases-local/com/testproject/testproject-baseserver-common/
> 
> [ivy:buildnumber] CLIENT ERROR: Not Found 
> url=http://192.168.2.4:9999/artifactory/libs-releases-local/com/testproject/testproject-baseserver-common/
> 
> [ivy:buildnumber] problem while listing resources in 
> http://192.168.2.4:9999/artifactory/libs-releases-local/com/testproject/testproject-baseserver-common/
> with libs-releases-local:
> [ivy:buildnumber]   java.io.IOException The HTTP response code for 
> http://192.168.2.4:9999/artifactory/libs-releases-local/com/testproject/testproject-baseserver-common/
> did not indicate a success. See log for more detail.
> Setting project property: ivy.new.revision -> ${module.version.target}-dev-b1
> Setting project property: ivy.new.build.number -> 1
> 
> version:
>    [mkdir] Skipping 
> /Users/cuthbe/dev/code/testproject-trunk/testproject-baseserver-common/build 
> because it already exists.
> [property] Loading 
> /Users/cuthbe/dev/code/testproject-trunk/testproject-baseserver-common/build/testproject-baseserver-common.properties
> 
> Property "module.version.target" has not been set
> Override ignored for property "version"
> 
> 
> 
> On 24 Aug 2010, at 21:08, Maarten Coene wrote:
> 
>> Are you sure this stacktrace is from the ivy-2.2.0-rc1 release?
>> 
>> IvyPatternHelper.java:241 (the place where the NPE happens) is an empty line in 
>> 
>> this release:
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/ant/ivy/core/tags/2.2.0-rc1/src/java/org/apache/ivy/core/IvyPatternHelper.java?revision=959425&view=markup
>> p
>> 
>> 
>> Maarten
>> 
>> 
>> 
> 
> 
> 


Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message