ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Eric Anderson <eander...@palantir.com>
Subject Re: Any advice / documention on how to use branches in Ivy?
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2010 15:44:04 GMT
We publish each artifact with a unique version per build so we wouldn't get colliding in that
sense. So if Ivy checks the ivy.xml file to make sure its the right branch, then we would
be okay?
Eric Anderson
Palantir Technologies | Engineering Team Lead
eanderson@palantir.com | 520.440.3773

On Aug 4, 2010, at 8:26 AM, James Davis wrote:

> If you don't change the artifact pattern, your artifacts will collide with each other.
 One thing that we have done is make the branch optional in the pattern.

> An example of an optional branch identifier in the previous example would be [module]/([branch])/[revision]/[type]/[artifact](.[ext]).
 If there branch is specified, it will be used, if not it will be ignored in the pattern.

> James Davis • QA Engineer II/Software Engineer
> Applied Technical Systems, Inc. • Systems Division
> web: www.atsid.com • e-mail: james.davis@atsid.com
> (p) 360.698.7100 x241 • (f) 360.698.7200

and delete all copies of this message.