ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew McFague" <amcfa...@wgen.net>
Subject Re: Looking for suggestion on publishing artifacts for different environments
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 17:13:28 GMT
At my company, we do this using the versions, which makes sense.  I.e.,
production may be using 1.0 (because that's the current release), but
dev may be using 1.1 (because that's the future release).  This works
with branching because, well, its essentially a code change.  Current
ivy.xml points to 1.0, future ivy.xml points to 1.1.

I am not an Ivy expert, but the theory seems sound, and its worked well
for us. :)

Andrew

On 08/11/10 13:07, Simon Lin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder what's the best practice to publish artifacts for different environments such
as dev, QA and production.  I tried to use extra attribute.  But it doesn't seem to work.
 Or should I just publish to different directories on the repository?