ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From antd <anthony.dilor...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: How to specify which resolver to use at resolve time?
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2010 16:32:00 GMT

Hi,

I know this is an old thread, but I also tend to think it would be a nice
feature to have to avoid complexity of multiple settings files. The
alternative of using a property in the ivysettings file won't work easily
for me because in the same common build script I use for all my projects, I
want to use the default resolver and switch between the two I have as well.

Here is my use-case:
- I use Hudson to build my Ivy-enabled ant scripts
- I have several projects that dependent on other projects and also
third-party libraries
- I use Hudson fingerprinting (which basically records a unique identifier
for build artifacts you specify) so that Hudson (and thus the user) knows
what jar versions of Project B, C and D were used to build Project A
- Hudson fingerprints are specified via a multiple directories (including
wild cards)
- All of my dependent jars (both first and third-party) resolve and retrieve
to a folder called /lib

Thus is my dilemma. I cannot easily do a "fingerprint lib/*.jar" as it will
end up fingerprinting all of the third-party libraries as well, which I
don't want and is typically not done.

So long story short, if I could...
- Ivy retrieve first-party dependencies to /lib/first-party
- and Ivy retrieve third-party-dependencies to /lib/third-party
...it would be simple to specify lib/first-party/*.jar

When you have many different first-party dependencies to specify, all with
unique names, it gets error-prone in the Hudson fingerprint text box to type
"lib/FirstDep.jar lib/SecondDep.jar lib/ThirdDep.jar etc." for every project
you create.

In the meantime I'll try the workarounds suggested, but I think it would be
very convenient to specify the resolver for all Ant/Ivy (post-)resolve
tasks.

Cheers