ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Tobias Hilka" <>
Subject Retrieve ignores exclude property of dependency
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2010 09:57:05 GMT

We have a project with some third party dependency, which in turn has some
transitive dependencies. We want to exclude one special dependency of these
transitive dependencies. But the retrieve ant task seems to ignore the
exclude task.

More detailed:

Project A packs the war file.

Project B has dependency to third party library (with transitive
dependencies X and Y)

In project A we include the artifact published by Project B
(transitive="true") and exclude Y.

When we call retrieve, we still end up with a lib directory containing
B.jar, X.jar and Y.jar. What we expect would be to only have B.jar and

We are using version 2.2.0.cr1_20100629224905 from within eclipse.

Is this a known issue?

View raw message