ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Hans Dockter <m...@dockter.biz>
Subject Re: Update policy for Maven snapshots
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2010 06:39:45 GMT
Hi Marteen,

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 12:23 AM, Maarten Coene <maarten_coene@yahoo.com>wrote:

> Did you look at the 'defaultTTL' attribute on the <cache> element in your
> settings.xml ?
>
> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/settings/caches/cache.html

thanks a lot for pointing this out. This works fine for me with dynamic Ivy
revisions (e.g. 4.+). But for Maven snapshots it seems not to work.

I think this might be related to the IBibilioResolver using a changing
pattern. In the debug output I get the following for Maven snapshots:

*don't use cache for org.grails#grails-resources;1.1.1-SNAPSHOT:
changing=true*

**So the TTL do not seem to hook in for snapshots as the cache seems to be
circumvented in any case.

The only solution I can think of is either modifying IBiblio or adding a
custom resolver that points to the ivy cache which only resolves SNAPSHOT
according to a timing pattern. Anything else you can think of?

Thanks

- Hans

--
Hans Dockter