ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Hans Dockter <m...@dockter.biz>
Subject Re: Update policy for Maven snapshots
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 09:24:47 GMT
I think always doing a remote check for Maven snapshots is a critical
problem for any Ivy user working with Maven snapshot repositories. It can
slow down the build to a point were it is basically unusable when you have
many snapshots.

I have tried to add a custom VersionMatcher for Maven snapshots that
considers .*-SNAPSHOT as dynamic. Then I run into the issues that dynamic
version names must be transformed before a resolve. Otherwise Ivy throws an
exception. In that case that requirement doesn't seem to be necessary. It
looks like a blocker for an easy solution via VersionMatchers that work with
the current IBiblioResolver.

The solution I have implemented is to have a custom version of the
IBiblioResolver which overwrites the findModuleInCache method. Although this
works, I think a solution that integrates into the very nice generic dynamic
version handling of Ivy would be much better. I will file a Jira.

- Hans

--
Hans Dockter
Founder, Gradle