ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Mitch Gitman <mgit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OSGI and IVY
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2010 02:10:30 GMT
This reminds me. If there is one "repository" (in the broader sense of the
word) that really embraces the intersection of OSGi and Ivy--not to mention
Maven--it is the SpringSource Enterprise Bundle Repository:
http://www.springsource.com/repository/app/

Every JAR in the SpringSource EBR is an OSGi-ified bundle. I don't know if
it literally functions as an OBR (that's brushing up against the limits of
my OSGi knowledge), but I can tell you that the Ivy module descriptors there
were clearly designed by someone who has both strong knowledge of the Spring
stack and a sophisticated understanding of how Ivy works. I'm sure the
manifests you'll find inside are just as exemplary.

Now, if SpringSource has figured out a sane way to make the creation of
bundles coexist with build-time dependency management via Ivy, that's a good
sign.