ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Hans Dockter <m...@dockter.biz>
Subject Re: Update policy for Maven snapshots
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2010 14:42:55 GMT
On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 8:39 AM, Hans Dockter <mail@dockter.biz> wrote:

> Hi Marteen,
>
> On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 12:23 AM, Maarten Coene <maarten_coene@yahoo.com>wrote:
>
>> Did you look at the 'defaultTTL' attribute on the <cache> element in your
>> settings.xml ?
>>
>> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/settings/caches/cache.html
>

> thanks a lot for pointing this out. This works fine for me with dynamic Ivy
> revisions (e.g. 4.+). But for Maven snapshots it seems not to work.
>
> I think this might be related to the IBibilioResolver using a changing
> pattern. In the debug output I get the following for Maven snapshots:
>
> *don't use cache for org.grails#grails-resources;1.1.1-SNAPSHOT:
> changing=true*
>
> **So the TTL do not seem to hook in for snapshots as the cache seems to be
> circumvented in any case.
>
> The only solution I can think of is either modifying IBiblio or adding a
> custom resolver that points to the ivy cache which only resolves SNAPSHOT
> according to a timing pattern. Anything else you can think of?

At the moment I'm experimenting with a custom VersionMatcher for maven
snapshots. I'm wondering why Ivy is not using VersionMatcher for dealing
with Maven snapshots (like you do for other dynamic revisions). What was the
reason to put the snapshot handling logic in the IBiblioResolver? Do you see
any blockers by going down the VersionMatcher road?

- Hans

--
Hans Dockter
Founder, Gradle