ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Dependency order issue with transitive dependencies
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 12:02:33 GMT
Could you please try again with Ivy 2.2.0 RC1 which has just been released?
It contains some bugfixes that might be related to your problem.

thanks,
Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: "Hekmat, Payam" <phekmat@onenetwork.com>
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Thu, July 8, 2010 12:27:45 AM
Subject: Dependency order issue with transitive dependencies

I have 3 modules in the following configuration ('->' indicates a
dependency):
Module A: v1.0
          v1.1
Module B: v2.0
            ->A v1.0
          v2.1
            ->A v1.0
Module C: v3.0
            ->A v1.0
            ->B v2.1
          v3.1
            ->A v1.1
            ->B v2.1 (yes, C v3.1 is technically impossible to resolve)

With an ivy file declaring the dependencies:
        <dependency org="foo" name="A" rev="1.+" />
        <dependency org="foo" name="B"  rev="2.+" />
        <dependency org="foo" name="C"  rev="3.+" />

Using the 'latest-compatible' conflict manager, I'd expect it to resolve
to A v1.0, B v2.0, C v3.0, but it only resolves to B v2.1, C v3.1. If I
change the order of the dependency elements around (e.g. A,C,B or
B,C,A), it resolves correctly. In the original order, it restarts the
resolve process trying to handle incompatibilities between A v1.0 and A
v1.1.

Any insights on where the issue could be? While this is a trivial
example, it's not feasible for me to order the dependencies in practice.

Thanks in advance,
    Payam Hekmat