ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Vladimir Ritz Bossicard <vladi...@ritz-bossicard.com>
Subject Re: "Portable" Ivy
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2010 09:12:58 GMT
On 15.07.2010 10:12, Michael Richter wrote:
> On 15 July 2010 15:57, Vladimir Ritz Bossicard
> <vladimir@ritz-bossicard.com>wrote:
>

>> Michael,
>>
>>   I can't seem to find some way to
>>
>>> have Ivy use a repository whose location might change from invocation to
>>> invocation.  The problem is that depending on the physical configuration
>>> my
>>> Ivy installation (and attendant repository) might be on a
>>>

>> I solved a similar problem by adding placeholders in the ivyconf.xml file:
>>
>> <filesystem name="localrepo" checkmodified="true">
>> <artifact
>> pattern="${localrepo.dir}/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/conf/[artifact].[ext]"
>> />
>> <artifact
>> pattern="${localrepo.dir}/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/lib/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"
>> />
>> <artifact
>> pattern="${localrepo.dir}/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/lib/[artifact].[ext]"
>> />
>> </filesystem>
>>
>> with ${localrepo.dir} simply being an Ant property.
>>

> The problem here being that the localrepo will change from machine to
> machine as I move the USB stick.

[I assume that your project's code will be somewhere on the machine and
only the localrepo on the USB stick].

To solve this, you can have a build-local.properties files that stores
"local" Ant properties (this file is local to the checked-out project
and not checked into your Subversion).  Typically, I have:

     build.xml
     build.properties (checked in)
     build-local.properties (not checked in)

the ${localrepo.dir} is defined in the build-local.properties file only.

If the code and the repo are on the stick, I would rather have some
<copy> target from renaming some build-local-host1.properties (or
build-local-host2.properties) into build-local.properties before each
ivy retrieval.

hth

-Vladimir