ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: OSGI and IVY
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2010 13:07:25 GMT
On Wednesday 21 July 2010 04:10:30 Mitch Gitman wrote:
> This reminds me. If there is one "repository" (in the broader sense of the
> word) that really embraces the intersection of OSGi and Ivy--not to mention
> Maven--it is the SpringSource Enterprise Bundle Repository:
> http://www.springsource.com/repository/app/
>
> Every JAR in the SpringSource EBR is an OSGi-ified bundle. I don't know if
> it literally functions as an OBR (that's brushing up against the limits of
> my OSGi knowledge),

On the repository side, OBR means having a single xml descriptor listing every
bundles and their OSGi properties.
As far as I know there is not such a file on that repository.

> but I can tell you that the Ivy module descriptors
> there were clearly designed by someone who has both strong knowledge of the
> Spring stack and a sophisticated understanding of how Ivy works. I'm sure
> the manifests you'll find inside are just as exemplary.
>
> Now, if SpringSource has figured out a sane way to make the creation of
> bundles coexist with build-time dependency management via Ivy, that's a
> good sign.

A far as I remember when looking at the build of Spring, SpringSource is
managing the dependencies with only Ivy. It was a pure Ant+Ivy build. And the
OSGi manifests were generated only at build time.

Nicolas