ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Phillip Rhodes" <Phillip.Rho...@redwood.com>
Subject Any advice / documention on how to use branches in Ivy?
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2010 15:46:26 GMT
I see that the <info> and <dependency> elements have a "branch"
attribute, and I can see that it sorta-kinda

works the way I would naively expect... if I publish an artifact with
branch set to "foo" and then try to resolve

with a dependency of the same name, but with the branch set to "bar"
then it doesn't match and the resolve

fails.  So far, so good.  But my real question is how to best take
advantage of this?

If I just change the branch and publish, winding up with different
revisions with different branches commingle together, things

don't seem to work so smoothly.  Is the idea that we are to make
"branch" part of the repository pattern, so that

artifacts are segregated on a per branch basis? Or something else?

Any and all advice or pointers to documentation are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil