ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Archie Cobbs <arc...@dellroad.org>
Subject Re: Issue with Ivy custome resolver
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2010 21:39:54 GMT
On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 11:34 AM, Shaikh Almas <eralmas7@gmail.com> wrote:

> *Issue #4*
>
> I am using packager resolver and that packager resolver resolves the zip
> file, unzip it, extracts the jar file from it in temp build file, but it
> stays temporarily and only the jar file which i specified as a module name
> gets copied to destination rest of all are ignored. Is there a way i can
> get
> all the jar files? I use preseverBuildDirectories but is there a better way
> to do it?

Which JAR files you get is a function of the configuration(s) specified in
your dependency and the ivy.xml of the module you're depending on (as well
as nested <artifact> tags, etc.). There is nothing
packager-resolver-specific about this; all resolvers work this way.

Unfortunately, there is no facility to "talk directly" to the packager
resolver to ask it for special favors :-)

Perhaps the module you are depending on doesn't publish all of the JARs you
need? If that's the case then contact the author of that module.

> *Issue #6*
>
> Is there a way i can use ivy variable in packager.xml?

Doing this would imply some kind of implicit contract between the creator of
the repository and all its users... so presumably you are using a private
repository? What goal are you trying to accomplish? (I'm just curious)

To answer your question, I'm not actually sure what will happen... my
recollection is that ant properties are not passed down through to the
packager.xml level (this is to keep the packager build "pure"). if it
doesn't work when you try it, then you can assume it doesn't work.

-Archie

--
Archie L. Cobbs