ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Mitch Gitman <mgit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: flushing ivy cache metadata given ivysettings changes
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2010 16:01:32 GMT
Nick, forgive the semantics point, but when you talk about flushing the Ivy
cache, you're really talking about cleaning it. And cleaning is something
you do either through the brute-force ivy:cleancache task or, more
precisely, manually yourself or via a custom script. There's no real concept
of flushing, in the sense that it gets incorporated into ivy:resolve.

Now, when you talk about cleaning "just the metadata" on resolve, I assume
you're wanting to avoid having to delete the entire Ivy cache for
performance's sake. One thing you can do is specify separate resolution and
repository caches. See the documentation for the Ivy settings caches and
cache elements. Then your CI builds can always delete just the resolution
cache at the outset. This way the metadata gets cleared but you're spared
the extra artifact downloads.