ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: resolver credentials not applied?
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2010 19:10:21 GMT
Could you please try again with a recent Ivy snapshot?
It contains some bugfixes/improvements regarding authentication.

Thanks,
Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: Nathan Franzen <Nathan.Franzen@mmodal.com>
To: "ivy-user@ant.apache.org" <ivy-user@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Wed, June 16, 2010 6:20:07 PM
Subject: resolver credentials not applied?

I moved my artifactory repository to a new server, upgraded it, changed the security configurations
and users, and now cannot get ivy to talk to it.

But, although there may be problems with my new installations, I think there's an ivy component
to the problem - at least in that ivy is not helping with error messages.

So

I have a url resolver, looks like:

    <url name="mmodal-artifactory">
        <artifact pattern="http://vhost5:8081/artifactory/ext-releases-local/[organization]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"/>
        <ivy  pattern="http://vhost5:8081/artifactory/ext-releases-local/[organization]/[module]/[revision]/ivy-[revision].xml"
/>
    </url>

And credentials
   <credentials host="vhost5"  realm="artifactory-vhost5"  username="builder" passwd="%%%%%%%%"/>

Running my resolve target ("ant -debug -lib ivy-2.1.0.jar -lib commons-httpclient-2.0.2.jar
 -f build-ivy.xml resolve" )

I do see in the output
   [ivy:resolve] credentials added: artifactory-vhost5@vhost5 builder/***********

But then
[ivy:resolve]   using mmodal-artifactory to resolve com.mmodal#devTools;4.0
[ivy:resolve]   no ivy file in cache for com.mmodal#devTools;4.0: tried c:\temp\ivy.cache\com.mmodal\devTools\ivy-4.0.xml
[ivy:resolve]    trying http://vhost5:8081/artifactory/ext-releases-local/com.mmodal/devTools/4.0/ivy-4.0.xml
[ivy:resolve]           tried http://vhost5:8081/artifactory/ext-releases-local/com.mmodal/devTools/4.0/ivy-4.0.xml
[ivy:resolve] HTTP response status: 404 url=http://vhost5:8081/artifactory/ext-releases-local/com.mmodal/devTools/4.0/ivy-4.0.xml
[ivy:resolve] CLIENT ERROR: Download request for repo:path 'ext-releases-local:com.mmodal/devTools/4.0/ivy-4.0.xml'
is forbidden for user 'anonymous'.

First - without running in debug, I never see the useful "404" or "forbidden for user 'anonymous'",
just "could not resolve"
Second -- any guesses about why ivy is not applying my credentials?

Nathan Franzen
M*Modal
t: 412-422-2002 x17

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY: The information in this email, including attachments, may be confidential
and/or privileged and may contain confidential health information.  This email is intended
to be reviewed only by the individual or organization named as addressee.  If you have received
this email in error please notify M*Modal immediately--by return message to the sender or
to mailto:hipaa@mmodal.com --and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.
Confidential health information is protected by state and federal law, including, but not
limited to, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and related regulations.