ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: install grabs sources rather than classes jar - [type] confusion?
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2010 21:05:24 GMT
I think it's a bug in Ivy caused by having a dependency on the same module twice in the POM.

Could you file a bug report for this?
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY

thanks,
Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: oroadfc <oroadfc@hotmail.com>
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Mon, June 28, 2010 1:54:50 PM
Subject: install grabs sources rather than classes jar - [type] confusion?

Need help deciding whether I've found an an error in an original .pom file,
or in the ivy translation, or just me being rubbish (favourite)...

I'm installing a project jena
(http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/com/hp/hpl/jena/jena/2.6.3/) to a local
repository, one of the dependencies in the generated jena ivy file (on the
iri 0.8 version project) declares an artifact of that projects source files
as so -->

&lt;dependency org="com.hp.hpl.jena" name="iri" rev="0.8" force="true"
conf="compile-compile(*),master(*);runtime->runtime(*)"&gt;
&lt;artifact name="iri" type="jar" ext="jar" conf="" m:classifier="sources"
/&gt;
&lt;/dependency&gt;
This is in addition to a 'normal' dependency for the iri project which
should scoop up the iri-0.8.jar file with the compiled classes in

When jena's ivy file is processed by a bog-standard 'install' it copies only
the iri-0.8-sources.jar (rather than the iri-0.8.jar and javadocs i want as
well). I end up having to run a separate install on this project to grab all
the artifacts in it.

The original jena .pom file has two entries for iri-0.8, one for the class
files in a jar and one for the sources, which declares a 'sources'
classifier which is carried through faithfully to the ivy file. However, I
would have thought ivy would have generated a type other than 'jar' for the
sources (even though the sources file comes in a jar, I guess that is
covered by 'ext="jar"'), as this is the type for the classes jar as well.
The documentation would seem to indicate type should be 'source'.. this
seems to be my stumbling block, it thinks it's getting me the jar file with
the compiled classes in it when it's in fact the sources.
ivy version is 2.1.0, running through ant 1.8.0