ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From oroadfc <oroa...@hotmail.com>
Subject Install copies sources jar instead of class jar, [type] confusion?
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2010 08:43:30 GMT

Need help deciding whether I've found an an error in an original .pom file,
or in the ivy translation, or just me being rubbish (favourite)...

I'm installing a project jena
(http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/com/hp/hpl/jena/jena/2.6.3/) to a local
repository, one of the dependencies in the generated jena ivy file (on the
iri 0.8 version project) declares an artifact of that projects source files
as so -->

&lt;dependency org="com.hp.hpl.jena" name="iri" rev="0.8" force="true"
conf="compile->compile(*),master(*);runtime->runtime(*)"&gt;
  &lt;artifact name="iri" type="jar" ext="jar" conf=""
m:classifier="sources" /&gt;
  &lt;/dependency&gt;

When this runs in a bog-standard 'install' it copies only the
iri-0.8-sources.jar (rather than the iri-0.8.jar and javadocs i want as
well). I end up having to run a separate install on this project to grab all
the artifacts in it.

The original jena .pom file has two entries for iri-0.8, one for the class
files in a jar and one for the sources, which declares a 'sources'
classifier which is carried through faithfully to the ivy file. However, I
would have thought ivy would have generated a type other than 'jar' for the
sources (even though the sources file comes in a jar, I guess that is
covered by 'ext="jar"'). The documentation would seem to indicate type
should be 'source'.. this seems to be my stumbling block, it thinks it's
getting me the jar file with the compiled classes in it when it's in fact
the sources.