ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Tobias Hilka" <>
Subject AW: Beginners doubt in ivy
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2010 11:30:36 GMT

ivy is more for dependency management, which is a part of maven. In
combination with Ant, you can run any tool for which an ant task exists.
Especially for Code Coverage, checkstyle and pmd there are ant tasks to do
that. (I currently do that in combination with Hudson CI server in our

I would recommend to take a look at the Java Power Tools book which explains
all this stuff in detail.

Freundliche Grüße / Best regards

Tobias Hilka
Vice President Application Software Development

vps ID Systeme GmbH

Sitz / Registered Office: Ettlingen
Registergericht / Commercial Registry: Amtsgericht Mannheim HRB 361519
Geschäftsführer / General Manager: Jürgen König
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Raster3 []
Gesendet: Montag, 14. Juni 2010 13:11
Betreff: Beginners doubt in ivy

I started learning ivy yesterday.
Was able to follow through the examples.
As would be expected I am trying to compare with Maven.

In Maven I can provide for code-coverage, checkstyle, pmd reports in
addition to building the application artifact.

Is this possible in ivy?

Sent from the ivy-user mailing list archive at

View raw message