ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Tom Widmer <tom.wid...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: copy artifact to lib folder without version in file name
Date Tue, 25 May 2010 16:19:47 GMT
bruinseve@hotmail.com wrote:
> Hello all,
> I'm using ivy.jar directly(not ant->ivy).  I think what I want to do should be simple.
I want my artifacts, without version number in file name, to download the lib folder of my
project.

> for example I have artifact in the repository:
> repository/mycompany/myproject/myartifact/1.0/myindividualartifact.dll
>
> and I want to download it to
> lib/mycompany/myproject/myindividualartifact.dll
>
> I'm able to find the artifact in the repository and download it (I set the lib folder
to be my cache) but I haven't found a way to control the file output in the lib folder so
I'm getting
> lib/mycompany/mysystem/dlls/myindividualartifact-1.0.dll
>
> Is there an easy way to do this?

Don't use the cache as your lib folder. Instead, do a retrieve:

<ivy:retrieve pattern="lib/[organisation]/[module]/[artifact].[ext]"
conf="*"/>

This copies the correct version of each artifact from your cache to the
appropriate path (and performs an ivy:resolve first if you haven't
already done it).

Tom