ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Timothy Aston <Timothy.As...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Refreshing ivy cache after changing a published version
Date Thu, 13 May 2010 19:58:23 GMT

You could put all your DLLs in a zip and that becomes your artifact.
Everytime you change the contents of the zip, you just publish a new
version.

-Tim

From:       Mike Quilleash <mike.quilleash@junifersystems.com>
To:         "ivy-user@ant.apache.org" <ivy-user@ant.apache.org>
Date:       05/13/2010 11:00 AM
Subject:    Refreshing ivy cache after changing a published version

Hi all,

I have an Ivy repository where we store all our 3rd party libraries.  One
of these is a large C# UI component library that comprises 100+ DLLs.  In
reality we only need about 10-15 of those DLLs but we sometimes need
additional ones added as we use new functionality.  This isn't a version
change as the version of the library we use doesn't change, we just add
additional DLLs to an existing version.  If I just drop the relevant DLLs
in the repository area and update the relevant ivy.xml.

But then when I try to build a project which depends on these new DLLs it
fails because it doesn't realise I have changed the contents of an existing
version (that version will already be in the local ivy cache) so it doesn't
download the new files from the repository.

Is there any setting/command I can use to force Ivy to do a check of the
ivy.xml descriptors in the repository and, if anything has changed, refresh
that library.  We can do a clean of the ivy cache but it's a bit painful
for developers who connect over the VPN, can take quite a while to
re-downloaded everything.

I'm using ant 1.7.1 and ivy 2.1.0RC2.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Cheers.