ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Mike Quilleash <mike.quille...@junifersystems.com>
Subject Refreshing ivy cache after changing a published version
Date Thu, 13 May 2010 14:59:18 GMT
Hi all,

I have an Ivy repository where we store all our 3rd party libraries.  One of these is a large
C# UI component library that comprises 100+ DLLs.  In reality we only need about 10-15 of
those DLLs but we sometimes need additional ones added as we use new functionality.  This
isn't a version change as the version of the library we use doesn't change, we just add additional
DLLs to an existing version.  If I just drop the relevant DLLs in the repository area and
update the relevant ivy.xml.

But then when I try to build a project which depends on these new DLLs it fails because it
doesn't realise I have changed the contents of an existing version (that version will already
be in the local ivy cache) so it doesn't download the new files from the repository.

Is there any setting/command I can use to force Ivy to do a check of the ivy.xml descriptors
in the repository and, if anything has changed, refresh that library.  We can do a clean of
the ivy cache but it's a bit painful for developers who connect over the VPN, can take quite
a while to re-downloaded everything.

I'm using ant 1.7.1 and ivy 2.1.0RC2.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Cheers.