ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ivy-settings for special revision-keywords (e. g. spring)
Date Thu, 20 May 2010 21:42:01 GMT
I'm not sure it will help, but could you remove the numbers from your custom specialMeaning?

    <latest-revision name="custom-latest-revision">

<specialMeaning name="SEC" value="-1"/>

</latest-revision>

Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: m.lo <michael.lorenzi@raiffeisen.ch>
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Wed, May 19, 2010 10:33:37 AM
Subject: ivy-settings for special revision-keywords (e. g. spring)

Hi,

i experience, that spring sometimes has special keywords in their revisions,
and as far as i can see ivy is not able to handle them by default. my
current problem is with the two modules

name:spring-core, revision:2.5.6
name:spring-core, revision:2.5.6.SEC01

ivy evicts the revision with suffix "SEC01", but its newer

[ivy:resolve]     org.springframework#spring-core;2.5.6.SEC01 by
[org.springframework#spring-core;2.5.6] in [default]

i would like to keep the conflict-resolution-strategy "latest-revision". i
assume i can define a custom "latest-strategy" in the settings.xml, but my
first tries didn't solve the problem, and the documentation of this feature
i found is quite sparse. my try is:

<!-- start extract of settings-xml -->
<settings defaultResolver="default_chain"
defaultLatestStrategy="custom-latest-revision"
defaultConflictManager="latest-revision"/>

<latest-strategies>
    <latest-revision name="custom-latest-revision">
        <specialMeaning name="SEC01" value="-1"/>
    </latest-revision>
</latest-strategies>
<!-- end of extract settings-xml -->

can someone give me a hint how to configure ivy such that the
revision-suffix "SEC01" is identified as newer than the revision without
suffix?

thank you very much for your help!
michael