ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: uploading ant with ivy to nexus central repository
Date Mon, 24 May 2010 06:32:22 GMT
Hello Maarten,

I have tried to do an upload tonight and have not been successful so far.

Using the URL resolver, I got these messages :

[ivy:publish] parameter found as ivy variable: ivy.status=integration
[ivy:publish] :: publishing :: org/apache#ant
[ivy:publish]     validate = true
[ivy:publish] post 1.3 ivy file: using exact as default matcher
[ivy:publish] authentication: k='Sonatype Nexus Repository
Manager@repository.apache.org' c='Sonatype Nexus Repository
Manager@repository.apache.org antoine/********'
[ivy:publish] HTTP response status: 404
url=https://repository.apache.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2/org/apache/ant/ant-parent/1.8.1/ant-parent-1.8.1.pom
[ivy:publish] CLIENT ERROR: The server has not found anything matching
the request URI
url=https://repository.apache.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2/org/apache/ant/ant-parent/1.8.1/ant-parent-1.8.1.pom
[ivy:publish]     published ant-parent to
https://repository.apache.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2/org/apache/ant/ant-parent/1.8.1/ant-parent-1.8.1.pom

I am not sure whether the url resolver is able to create the
subdirectory or if there is some other problem.

I have checked in what I created to try the upload in ant's svn in a new
folder from ant-core's trunk called release. [1]

Regards,

Antoine

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/core/trunk/release/

Maarten Coene wrote:
> First of all, I've never published something to Nexus myself, so I cannot share you my
experience with that...

>> Is there any support for uploading .asc files in ivy other than
>> declaring each asc file as an artefact in its own right ?
>>

> I'm afraid you'll have to declare them as artefact.
> And maybe you should add the pom + pom.asc too?
> So you end up having 1 ivy.xml file for each ant jar file and that ivy.xml defines 4
artefacts.

>> I was also wondering whether ivy will recreate sha1 and md5 files
>> automatically when publishing, and whether nexus likes to receive them
>> or not ?
>>

> You can disable Ivy checksum generation by specifying an empty checksums attribute on
the resolver used for publishing.