ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Kirby Files <Kirby.Fi...@masergy.com>
Subject Re: Getting IvyDE to use multiple ivy.xmls within a single Eclipse project
Date Mon, 17 May 2010 18:53:04 GMT
Hin Chua wrote on 05/17/2010 02:33 PM:
> Now there are obviously some clear solutions to this problem:
>
> (1) Make each sub-project a stand-alone Eclipse project (that would be the
> sane thing to do)
> (2) Maintain the dependency list for the sub-projects in the top-level
> ivy.xml
>
> We're just not in a position to do (1) at the moment, and we will resort to
> (2) if necessary.
>
> But I was wondering, is there any way IvyDE to associate MULTIPLE ivy.xmls
> with a single project? (that way, IvyDE can build the complete dependency
> list necessary to populate the Eclipse classpath).

Is there any reason you cannot choose Build Path -> Add Library ->
IvyDE, and select a second ivy.xml? You cannot associate multiple
ivy.xmls with a single managed library container, but I don't see any
reason your needs wouldn't be met just as well with multiple library
containers.

Thanks,
---
Kirby Files