ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Michael Shea <m...@nitido.com>
Subject Re: Refreshing ivy cache after changing a published version
Date Thu, 13 May 2010 16:08:59 GMT
Personally, if I need to do this sort of thing, I delete the specific
module from the ivy cache (ie: rm
~/.ivy2/cache/[organization]/[name]/*). Then it's not as painful for
developers who are working over the VPN.

There's probably a better way to do this, though, that somebody else
will know ;).

Mike.
> Hi all,
>
> I have an Ivy repository where we store all our 3rd party libraries.  One of these is
a large C# UI component library that comprises 100+ DLLs.  In reality we only need about 10-15
of those DLLs but we sometimes need additional ones added as we use new functionality.  This
isn't a version change as the version of the library we use doesn't change, we just add additional
DLLs to an existing version.  If I just drop the relevant DLLs in the repository area and
update the relevant ivy.xml.

> But then when I try to build a project which depends on these new DLLs it fails because
it doesn't realise I have changed the contents of an existing version (that version will already
be in the local ivy cache) so it doesn't download the new files from the repository.

> Is there any setting/command I can use to force Ivy to do a check of the ivy.xml descriptors
in the repository and, if anything has changed, refresh that library.  We can do a clean of
the ivy cache but it's a bit painful for developers who connect over the VPN, can take quite
a while to re-downloaded everything.