ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Valerie Wagner <valerie.wag...@sri.com>
Subject Can I dynamically change the "defaultResolver"?
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 19:33:04 GMT

It seems to me it should be simple to change what the "defaultResolver"
is (as defined in the ivy setting files <settings> element), but I
cannot find documentation on this.

We use a resolver chain that hits the local file system and a remote Ivy
server. However, we occasionally build in restricted environments with
no internet access, in which case we do not want the build system
attempting to contact the Ivy server (as it causes the build to fail).

I've separated our resolves into "local" and "server" chains, with the
default chain using both. However, I need my team to be able to specify
that they use only the "local" resolver chain on occasion. (Assuming
they have all the necessary libs from the server in their cache already.)

I think I could accomplish this by putting the local and server chains
in separate ivy settings file, and switching which one is loaded at
runtime, but this seems like a very roundabout way to do it. After all,
the term "default" resolver implies to me there should also be a way to
use an alternative, non-default resolver chain.

thanks,
Valerie