ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Carl Myers <cmy...@palantir.com>
Subject Re: Configuring the <ivy:deliver> task
Date Wed, 05 May 2010 18:51:41 GMT
Greetings all,

I think I have solved my problem.  It was not clear to me how to call
the deliver task the same way the publish task was calling it.  Sadly, I
had to hunker down and read some code, but I figured it out.  It turns
out that the publish task uses artifact patterns to call deliver.  What
if you give it more than one artifact (as is allowed by the spec)?  I
refer you to line 187 of src/java/org/apache/ivy/ant/IvyPublish.java:

public String getArtifactspattern() {
     return (String) (artifactspattern.isEmpty() ? null :
artifactspattern.get(0));
}

Thus, by putting the same pattern in my delivery task as the first
artifact in my publish task, I was able to get deliver to behave as I
expected (using the "deliverpattern" attribute).

There is no mention of this in the docs, or how deliverpattern is
related to artifactpattern (or if there was, I couldn't find it).  Could
we get this clarified for posterity?  Should I file a bug somewhere?

Thanks!

--
Carl Myers
Palantir Technologies | Internal Tools Software Engineer