ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Michael Shea <>
Subject Re: Adding proprietary jar to shared repository
Date Mon, 03 May 2010 15:04:11 GMT
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something in your post. This is possible,
since you're talking about Maven, and I know almost nothing about
Maven). However, it sounds to me like you want "ivy:publish", which is
pretty clearly discussed in the Ivy documentation.

You don't need a separate "module" for each jar you want to publish -
you can put multiple jars in one module, they are just each defined as a
separate artifact in the ivy.xml file.

The documentation on the Ivy website is actually very good.

Mike Shea.

> Ivy is worthless if I can't put my own jars in the repository (as is
> dependency management in general). Surely there is a way to do this?
> mjparme wrote:
>> I have created a shared repository with ivy:install and that went pretty
>> much trouble free. I installed some jars we use commonly in our projects
>> (like httpclient, log4j, etc). However, now I want to add some of our
>> internal jar files to the repository. There seems to be a gap in the
>> documentation (or I am simply not seeing it) on how to accomplish this
>> with Ivy.
>> Do I need to create a <ivy-module> for each internal jar I want to add to
>> the repository? Or is there some shortcut? If I do to create an
>> <ivy-module> for each jar how then do I then use that file?
>> Maven seems to provide a shortcut to accomplish this, I am looking for the
>> Ivy equivalent to this:
>> mvn install:install-file -Dfile=<path-to-file> -DgroupId=<group-id> \
>>     -DartifactId=<artifact-id> -Dversion=<version> -Dpackaging=<packaging>

View raw message