ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Gareth Collins <gareth_coll...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem Installing With com.sun.mail jars From Sun Maven Repository
Date Fri, 21 May 2010 14:20:37 GMT

It doesn't work from maven either:

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]

Project ID: com.sun.mail:smtp:jar:null

Reason: Cannot find parent: com.sun.mail:parent-distrib for project:
com.sun.mail:smtp:jar:null for project com.sun.mail:smtp:jar:null

I guess I could see if I could manually install them into a local maven
repository...though will that be much quicker than creating the ivy files
directly? Is there a way to translate a maven file into an ivy file without
ivy verifying whether it is valid? If yes I could generate the ivy file then
manually fix it before installing in my local ivy repository.

I have also posted a message to the java.net forums requesting a fix (I
won't hold my breath though)...

thanks in advance,
Gareth

Maarten Coene wrote:

> As a workaround, maybe you can try to create a local maven repository and
> add this parent pom to it?
> Do you know if maven itself is capable of downloading these jars from that
> repository?
>
> Maarten

>>> [ivy:install]