ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Gareth Collins <>
Subject Problem Installing With com.sun.mail jars From Sun Maven Repository
Date Thu, 20 May 2010 23:35:57 GMT

I am trying to install the sun mail jars in a local ivy repository. I am
using the following resolver to connect to the repository:

<ibiblio name="sun" root=""
m2compatible="true" />

The mail libraries are here:

When I try and install the mail libraries (imap,pop3 or smtp), I have
problems. I see the following error:

[ivy:install] :: problems summary ::
[ivy:install] :::: WARNINGS
[ivy:install] 	io problem while parsing ivy file:
Impossible to load parent for
[ivy:install] 		module not found: com.sun.mail#smtp;1.4.3
[ivy:install] 	==== sun: tried
[ivy:install] 	  -- artifact

I see that they messed up the Maven POM file (the ../parent-distrib
directory doesn't exist ).

<project xmlns=""
    <name>JavaMail API smtp provider</name>

	    com.sun.mail.smtp; version=${mail.version}

I know this is a Sun POM bug, but is there any way I could get around this
issue in Ivy (other than downloading the files one by one and generating my
own ivy.xml to install locally)? I know what the right information should be
(it is correct in the dsn mail module)

If anyone had any suggestions, it would be a really big help.

thanks in advance,
Gareth Collins

Sent from the ivy-user mailing list archive at

View raw message