ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Gareth Collins <gareth_coll...@hotmail.com>
Subject Problem Installing With com.sun.mail jars From Sun Maven Repository
Date Thu, 20 May 2010 23:35:57 GMT

Hello,

I am trying to install the sun mail jars in a local ivy repository. I am
using the following resolver to connect to the repository:

<ibiblio name="sun" root="http://download.java.net/maven/2"
m2compatible="true" />

The mail libraries are here:

http://download.java.net/maven/2/com/sun/mail/

When I try and install the mail libraries (imap,pop3 or smtp), I have
problems. I see the following error:

[ivy:install] :: problems summary ::
[ivy:install] :::: WARNINGS
[ivy:install] 	io problem while parsing ivy file:
http://download.java.net/maven/2/com/sun/mail/smtp/1.4.3/smtp-1.4.3.pom:
Impossible to load parent for
file:/Users/gcollins/Downloads/apache-ivy-2.1.0/src/example/build-a-ivy-repository/cache/no-namespace/com.sun.mail/smtp/ivy-1.4.3.xml.original.
Parent=com.sun.mail#parent-distrib;1.4.3
[ivy:install] 		module not found: com.sun.mail#smtp;1.4.3
[ivy:install] 	==== sun: tried
[ivy:install]
http://download.java.net/maven/2/com/sun/mail/parent-distrib/1.4.3/parent-distrib-1.4.3.pom
[ivy:install] 	  -- artifact
com.sun.mail#parent-distrib;1.4.3!parent-distrib.jar:
[ivy:install]
http://download.java.net/maven/2/com/sun/mail/parent-distrib/1.4.3/parent-distrib-1.4.3.jar

I see that they messed up the Maven POM file (the ../parent-distrib
directory doesn't exist ).

    <parent>
	<groupId>com.sun.mail</groupId>
	<artifactId>parent-distrib</artifactId>
	<version>1.4.3</version>
	<relativePath>../parent-distrib/pom.xml</relativePath>
    </parent>
    <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
    <groupId>com.sun.mail</groupId>
    <artifactId>smtp</artifactId>
    <packaging>jar</packaging>
    <name>JavaMail API smtp provider</name>

    <properties>
	<mail.packages.export>
	    com.sun.mail.smtp; version=${mail.version}
	</mail.packages.export>
    </properties>
</project>

I know this is a Sun POM bug, but is there any way I could get around this
issue in Ivy (other than downloading the files one by one and generating my
own ivy.xml to install locally)? I know what the right information should be
(it is correct in the dsn mail module)

If anyone had any suggestions, it would be a really big help.

thanks in advance,
Gareth Collins