ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Gareth Collins <gareth_coll...@hotmail.com>
Subject Two More IVY questions
Date Fri, 14 May 2010 20:14:41 GMT

Hello,

I have a couple more questions:

(1) I see in the iVE documentation that it is possible to look up a
properties file to be used with ivysettings.xml. Is it possible to do
something similar with the iVE file?

Here is my scenario:

I am currently working on multiple interdependent projects which depend on
open source library projects (e.g. Spring, Camel). What I would like to do
is to be able to parameterize the version the Spring/Camel versions that are
used (e.g. have one properties file referenced by all projects which affects
whether I compile against Spring 3.0.2 or Spring 2.5.6 or some other
to-be-determined spring version which will not be known when the projects
are created) without changing the ivy.xml file for each project. Is there a
way to do this? If not, is there an alternate IVY best practice for doing
this?

(2) Is there a best practice for standard configurations (i.e. should all
projects have configurations "test", "runtime", "compile", other?)?

thanks in advance,
Gareth Collins