ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Gareth Collins <>
Subject Simple IVY and configurations question
Date Fri, 14 May 2010 19:09:37 GMT

I am new to IVY...and to IvyDE and I am trying to set up some dependencies
for compile and some dependencies for unit test. For example, in my project
logback is only required for unit test and is not required for compile. Here
is my current file (after many different permutations attempted):

    <conf name="default" />
    <conf name="comp" extends="default"/>
    <conf name="test" extends="default" visibility="private"/>
	<dependency org="ch.qos.logback" name="logback-classic" rev="0.9.21"
transitive="false" conf="test->master" >
		<artifact name="logback-classic" type="jar" conf="test"/>
	<dependency org="ch.qos.logback" name="logback-core" rev="0.9.21"
transitive="false" conf="test->master" >
		<artifact name="logback-core" type="jar" conf="test"/>

To test out that I have this setup correctly I have an "IvyDE Managed
Dependencies" file on my eclipse classpath. I am swapping between
configuration "test" and "conf" to test that I see the correct libraries.
Unfortunately, whatever I choose, I see "logback-core" and "logback-classic"
on the build path. I know I must be missing something truly obvious here,
but what am I doing wrong? If someone could point me in the right direction,
it would be much appreciated.

Note that I am currently using the latest IvyDE from hudson (as the standard
2.1 version did not allow specifying the Ivy file in "Run/Debug

thanks in advance,
Gareth Collins
Sent from the ivy-user mailing list archive at

View raw message