ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From infinity2heaven <infinity2hea...@gmail.com>
Subject <exclude> doesn't really exclude a dependency
Date Wed, 05 May 2010 17:10:17 GMT

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong in this?

<dependency org="org.springframework" name="org.springframework.beans"
rev="${spring.version}"
conf="compile->compile(*),master(*);runtime->runtime(*)">
       <exclude name="com.springsource.javax.el" />
</dependency>

Ivy still downloads javax.el jar  and the only way I can exclude it is using
transitive="false" option. But that would not download any other dependency
too which is not what I want.

The configurations are:

 <configurations>
        <conf name="default" visibility="public" description="runtime
dependencies and master artifact can be used with this conf"
extends="runtime,master"/>
        <conf name="master" visibility="public" description="contains only
the artifact published by this module itself, with no transitive
dependencies"/>
        <conf name="compile" visibility="public" description="this is the
default scope, used if none is specified. Compile dependencies are available
in all classpaths."/>
        <conf name="provided" visibility="public" description="this is much
like compile, but indicates you expect the JDK or a container to provide it.
It is only available on the compilation classpath, and is not transitive."/>
        <conf name="runtime" visibility="public" description="this scope
indicates that the dependency is not required for compilation, but is for
execution. It is in the runtime and test classpaths, but not the compile
classpath." extends="compile"/>
        <conf name="test" visibility="private" description="this scope
indicates that the dependency is not required for normal use of the
application, and is only available for the test compilation and execution
phases." extends="runtime"/>
    </configurations>