ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From mjparme <mjparme...@west.com>
Subject Re: conf mapping documentation contradicts itself
Date Tue, 04 May 2010 21:01:22 GMT

Ok, after looking at it some more I think what that section needs is just a
subtle change to this sentence:

"A good way to remember which side is for the master configuration (i.e. the
configuration of the module defining the dependency) and which side is for
the dependency configuration is to read the '->' as 'depends on'."

Most of the changes should be to the "i.e." in parenthesis which is what
makes it contradict the first sentence of the section. IMHO, it should read
like this:

"A good way to remember which side is for the master configuration (i.e. the
configurations of the current module) and which side is for the dependency's
configurations is to read the '->' as 'depends on'."

I think "depends on" and "requires" is equally clear.

The reason the current verbiage of "master configuration (i.e. the
configuration of the module defining the dependency)" is confusing because
it reads like it is talking about the ivy file that defines the dependency.
Whereas the first sentence defines master configuration as the ivy file of
the current module.