ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Eric Gulatee <eric.gula...@gmail.com>
Subject IVYDE, Eclipse 3.5 & WTP
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 04:31:55 GMT
All,

I've constantly had problems getting my dependencies declared in ivy to be
published to the tomcat server.
Before you answer just add the JavaEE module dep, I have already done
that...

When I check my .metadata where the WebApp is being published, I don't see a
lib directory under WEB-INF.

I am using eclipse 3.5, MaxOSX, IVY 2.1.0 IVYDE 2.0.0 final.

Any thoughts?  Any way to debug this?
I tried a few options:

ivy with all confs
Wiped our my tomcat, forced a republish...  No effect.

To prove I didn't miss the JavaEE module dep:
Here's my .classpath

?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <classpath>
>         <classpathentry kind="src" output="target/classes"
> path="src/main/java"/>
>         <classpathentry kind="src" path="src/test/resources"/>
>         <classpathentry kind="src" output="target/test-classes"
> path="src/test/java"/>
>         <classpathentry kind="src" path="src/main/antlr3"/>
>         <classpathentry excluding="**" kind="src" output="target/classes"
> path="src/main/resources"/>
>         <classpathentry kind="con"
> path="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.StandardVMType/J2SE-1.5"/>
>         <classpathentry kind="con"
> path="org.apache.ivyde.eclipse.cpcontainer.IVYDE_CONTAINER/?ivyXmlPath=ivy.xml&amp;confs=*">
>                 <attributes>
>                         <attribute
> name="org.eclipse.jst.component.dependency" value="/WEB-INF/lib"/>
>                 </attributes>
>         </classpathentry>
>         <classpathentry kind="output" path="target/classes"/>
> </classpath>

Tomcat is complaining about a spring web context class..

SEVERE: Error configuring application listener of class
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener

However...

I do have spring-web-....  listed as a dep/jar in ivy.xml
And the jar does have the missing class...

package org.springframework.web.context;

> import javax.servlet.ServletContextEvent;
> import javax.servlet.ServletContextListener;
>
> /**
>  * Bootstrap listener to start up and shut down Spring's root {@link
> WebApplicationContext}.
>  * Simply delegates to {@link ContextLoader} as well as to {@link
> ContextCleanupListener}.
>  *
>  * <p>This listener should be registered after
>  * {@link org.springframework.web.util.Log4jConfigListener}
>  * in <code>web.xml</code>, if the latter is used.
>  *
>  * @author Juergen Hoeller
>  * @since 17.02.2003
>  * @see org.springframework.web.util.Log4jConfigListener
>  */
> public class ContextLoaderListener extends ContextLoader implements
> ServletContextListener {

As I said, I do a few cleans, have wiped out the server.  changed
workspace.  Issue remains the same...

I never do see WEB-INF/lib get created under the appropriate directory under
.metadata in my workspace.

Any thoughts?  I don't think I'm doing anything silly/obviously wrong...
I have had this flaky behaviour before where publish wouldn't always
publish...  It did work eventually...  [After cleans, Destroy servers,
change workspace]

Cheers,
Eric G.