ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff Evans (IT)" <Jeffrey.Ev...@morganstanley.com>
Subject Re: filesystem resolver for win/mac
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2010 00:25:55 GMT
Yep.  In addition, you can give an Ivy property
<http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/2.1.0/settings/property.html> in
the settings file with the same name ("repo.root" in this case) and
value, but with override="false".  This makes the settings file useful
even outside the context of Ant (within Eclipse/IvyDE, for example),
but if a value is supplied by Ant, it will take precedence.

There is still a slight problem that the value is duplicated between
the Ant world and Ivy world, but even this can be overcome if you set
an environment variable giving the value of the repository root, and
then set repo.root from both Ant and Ivy files based on this
environment variable (their mechanisms for doing this are slightly
different, but both work fine).