ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Ravi Roy <ravi.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Using Ivy as Dependency manager in Ant build
Date Sun, 25 Apr 2010 06:36:18 GMT
Hi,

I am new to Ivy dependency manager. I am looking for my ant build to use
Depdency repsolution mechanism for project dependencies.

I have following scenario / constraints :

 1.I have a big chunk of jars on classpath causing some of the dependencies
not found at times (may be there are limits of the classpath and after it
crosses the limit
   it can find some of the dependencies causing build to fail).

 2.I do not want to use public repositories for dependency resolution
instead want to create my own internal repository.

 3.I have more than 60 subprojects (eclipse RCP, plugins, normal java
projects) which make my product.

So, Can someobody share experiences with IVY as dependency manager to build
the product with the features / constraints I have mentioned above ?

Thanks for sharing experiences in advance!

-RR