ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Kirby Files" <Kfi...@masergy.com>
Subject RE: IVYDE, Eclipse 3.5 & WTP
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 14:31:29 GMT
I have no personal experience with using WTP, but can add a general
caution about Ivy and Windows.

Don't launch/debug any applications from a staging-lib or deploy
directory (that is, using ivy:retrieve to populate WEB-INF/lib, and then
testing using those jars in your classpath). Eclipse on Windows can and
will lock jars during execution.

Instead use ivy:cacheclasspath to populate the classpath for any build
steps, and IvyDE classpath container (also uses cache) for launch/debug
configurations. That will allow your ivy:retrieve task to WEB-INF/lib to
be free of any locked jars.

Windows exclusive locking is a PITA; I don't experience any of these
problems on Linux.

I have no idea if any of this is relevant to your setup, but I just
thought I'd pass it along.

Thanks,
---
Kirby Files