ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Queston about transitive="false"
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 08:29:31 GMT
Which Ivy version do you use?
This should work with Ivy 2.1.0...

Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: Dave Brosius <dbrosius@baybroadband.net>
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Sun, April 18, 2010 11:48:17 PM
Subject: Queston about transitive="false"

Greetings,
    I'm trying to introduce Ivy into a mature product where 3rdparty jars are checked in to
the scm. My first step is just to have ivy yank down all these files, and then copy them into
the locations where they currently exist, that way the mult-project ant build won't need to
know anything about ivy (except for the first build step of pulling the files down). Once
this is working, I'll remove the jars from the scm, and then work on making the build more
ivy-like.

So to start, i've created an ivy.xml that specifies a transitive="false" configuration, and
have listed all the jars that are currently in my scm.

Many of the jars work fine, but a few have the following problem. For instance here is a snippet
from my ivy.xml

<configurations>
   <conf name="default" transitive="false"/>
</configurations>
<dependencies>
   <dependency org="org.apache.ant" name="ant" rev="${ant.version}" conf="*->*,!sources,!javadoc"/>

When run with ant -v

I get

[ivy:retrieve] == resolving dependencies
acme#3rdparty;working@dbrosius->org.apache.ant#ant;1.7.1
<skip some stuff>
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ant/ant/1.7.1/ant-1.7.1.pom
[ivy:retrieve]     public: found md file for org.apache.ant#ant;1.7.1
[ivy:retrieve]         =>
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ant/ant/1.7.1/ant-1.7.1.pom
(1.7.1)
[ivy:retrieve] downloading
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ant/ant/1.7.1/ant-1.7.1.pom ...
[ivy:retrieve]     public: downloading
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ant/ant/1.7.1/ant-1.7.1.pom
[ivy:retrieve]     public: downloading
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ant/ant/1.7.1/ant-1.7.1.pom.sha1
[ivy:retrieve] sha1 OK for
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ant/ant/1.7.1/ant-1.7.1.pom
[ivy:retrieve]     [SUCCESSFUL ]
org.apache.ant#ant;1.7.1!ant.pom(pom.original) (606ms)
[ivy:retrieve] default: Checking cache for: dependency:
org.apache.ant#ant-parent;1.7.1 {}
[ivy:retrieve]         tried
/usr/share/apache-ivy-2.1.0/local/org.apache.ant/ant-parent/1.7.1/ivys/ivy.xml
[ivy:retrieve]         tried
/usr/share/apache-ivy-2.1.0/local/org.apache.ant/ant-parent/1.7.1/jars/ant-parent.jar
[ivy:retrieve]     local: no ivy file nor artifact found for
org.apache.ant#ant-parent;1.7.1
<skip some stuff>

[ivy:retrieve]         tried
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ant/ant-parent/1.7.1/ant-parent-1.7.1.pom
[ivy:retrieve]     public: found md file for org.apache.ant#ant-parent;1.7.1
[ivy:retrieve]         =>
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ant/ant-parent/1.7.1/ant-parent-1.7.1.pom
(1.7.1)
[ivy:retrieve] downloading
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ant/ant-parent/1.7.1/ant-parent-1.7.1.pom
[ivy:retrieve]     public: downloading
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ant/ant-parent/1.7.1/ant-parent-1.7.1.pom
[ivy:retrieve]     public: downloading
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ant/ant-parent/1.7.1/ant-parent-1.7.1.pom.sha1
[ivy:retrieve] sha1 OK for
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ant/ant-parent/1.7.1/ant-parent-1.7.1.pom
[ivy:retrieve]     [SUCCESSFUL ]
<skip some stuff>
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ant/ant-parent/1.7.1/ant-parent-1.7.1.jar
[ivy:retrieve] CLIENT ERROR: Not Found

So ivy can't find ant-parent in the repo1.maven.org repo. Now I suppose that is a problem
with that repository, but why is ivy trying to download that file, since i specified no dependencies?
I don't want or need that file.

How do i get around this?
dave