ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Alan Chaney <>
Subject problems with ivyroundup and oro and 'exclude'
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2010 14:30:03 GMT

I've been trying to use ivy roundup to get cobertura. This has a
dependency upon apache oro. Sadly, the site referenced in the packager
file ( appears to be dead. So I thought I'd
simply exclude oro from the dependency by going:

<dependency org="net.sourceforge.cobertura" name="cobertura"
rev="1.9+"    conf="test->default">
    <exclude name="oro" />

and that I'd manually add an oro from somewhere else (and file a bug
report on ivyroundup)

The above didn't seem to work - and I tried a number of variations. I
kept getting messages saying:

  download failed: org.apache.oro#oro;2.0.8!

it didn't seem to matter what other options I put in there - I was
always getting the javadoc thing.

In the end, I've just switched to transitive="true" and manually added
both dependencies, but I still don't understand why the exclude doesn't

This is with Ivy 2.1.0 IvyDE 2.0.0-final and Eclipse 3.5.2

Alan Chaney

View raw message