ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Dave Brosius <dbros...@baybroadband.net>
Subject Queston about transitive="false"
Date Sun, 18 Apr 2010 21:48:17 GMT
Greetings,
     I'm trying to introduce Ivy into a mature product where 3rdparty
jars are checked in to the scm. My first step is just to have ivy yank
down all these files, and then copy them into the locations where they
currently exist, that way the mult-project ant build won't need to know
anything about ivy (except for the first build step of pulling the files
down). Once this is working, I'll remove the jars from the scm, and then
work on making the build more ivy-like.

So to start, i've created an ivy.xml that specifies a transitive="false"
configuration, and have listed all the jars that are currently in my scm.

Many of the jars work fine, but a few have the following problem. For
instance here is a snippet from my ivy.xml

<configurations>
    <conf name="default" transitive="false"/>
</configurations>
<dependencies>
    <dependency org="org.apache.ant" name="ant" rev="${ant.version}"
conf="*->*,!sources,!javadoc"/>

When run with ant -v

I get

[ivy:retrieve] == resolving dependencies
acme#3rdparty;working@dbrosius->org.apache.ant#ant;1.7.1
<skip some stuff>
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ant/ant/1.7.1/ant-1.7.1.pom
[ivy:retrieve]     public: found md file for org.apache.ant#ant;1.7.1
[ivy:retrieve]         =>
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ant/ant/1.7.1/ant-1.7.1.pom
(1.7.1)
[ivy:retrieve] downloading
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ant/ant/1.7.1/ant-1.7.1.pom ...
[ivy:retrieve]     public: downloading
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ant/ant/1.7.1/ant-1.7.1.pom
[ivy:retrieve]     public: downloading
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ant/ant/1.7.1/ant-1.7.1.pom.sha1
[ivy:retrieve] sha1 OK for
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ant/ant/1.7.1/ant-1.7.1.pom
[ivy:retrieve]     [SUCCESSFUL ]
org.apache.ant#ant;1.7.1!ant.pom(pom.original) (606ms)
[ivy:retrieve] default: Checking cache for: dependency:
org.apache.ant#ant-parent;1.7.1 {}
[ivy:retrieve]         tried
/usr/share/apache-ivy-2.1.0/local/org.apache.ant/ant-parent/1.7.1/ivys/ivy.xml

[ivy:retrieve]         tried
/usr/share/apache-ivy-2.1.0/local/org.apache.ant/ant-parent/1.7.1/jars/ant-parent.jar

[ivy:retrieve]     local: no ivy file nor artifact found for

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ant/ant-parent/1.7.1/ant-parent-1.7.1.pom

[ivy:retrieve]     public: found md file for
org.apache.ant#ant-parent;1.7.1
[ivy:retrieve]         =>
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ant/ant-parent/1.7.1/ant-parent-1.7.1.pom

(1.7.1)
[ivy:retrieve] downloading
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ant/ant-parent/1.7.1/ant-parent-1.7.1.pom

[ivy:retrieve]     public: downloading
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ant/ant-parent/1.7.1/ant-parent-1.7.1.pom

[ivy:retrieve]     public: downloading
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ant/ant-parent/1.7.1/ant-parent-1.7.1.pom.sha1

[ivy:retrieve] sha1 OK for
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ant/ant-parent/1.7.1/ant-parent-1.7.1.pom

[ivy:retrieve]     [SUCCESSFUL ]
<skip some stuff>
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ant/ant-parent/1.7.1/ant-parent-1.7.1.jar

[ivy:retrieve] CLIENT ERROR: Not Found

So ivy can't find ant-parent in the repo1.maven.org repo. Now I suppose
that is a problem with that repository, but why is ivy trying to
download that file, since i specified no dependencies? I don't want or
need that file.

How do i get around this?
dave